Saturday, January 29, 2011

And the Winner is........


"I have made up my mind. California here I come!"
     It hit me when I was at home after my parents came back from Dominican Republic. They were talking about how happy they were out there, and how they want to rush back. And all I could think was....I need to find happiness too.
     Most of you don't know my story and why I am in this situation in life where it has been sooo confusing trying to figure out that to do with myself. Here's a short synopses of why I am here.
  • I finished high school and got nooooo help from my parents for college (which made me not go to the school I wanted to go)
  • I ended up going to a school I didn't like and I moved to Jersey City.
  • I switched schools and ended up going to SAE to study Audio Engineering (which was the only good thing)
  • I met my ex....EPIC FAIL.
  • I moved to DC to work after I was done with school, and things were looking up.
  • My father got extremely ill, so I dropped everything and came back home to help.
  • My ex and I broke up.
  • Epic sibling rivery.
  • Epic arguments with my parents.
  • Had a hard time finding a job that I enjoyed.
  • Found a job, that I hate.
  • I was stuck between family drama, running away from relationships, and hating where I am in life!
So my next step is saving up my dollaz, going out to cali in April to take my placement test, registering for classes, planning where to live, and making huge moves. I feel happier and very excited for this new chapter in my life. I am happy here close to all my friends and family but everyone is making their own path and I just have to learn to pave mines.

I was so scared to disappoint anyone with my decision, but I have to concentrate on what I want and I have to be myself and believe in me that where my heart is going is the right way. I have been using my brain to make all of my decisions but now I want to finally follow my heart. Cali here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment