Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fashion's Night Out!




Manny and I cheesing HARD!
On September 8th, 2011, was one of fashions most important night out. It’s a night where fashion comes to life and people get to express their personality without having to say a word. The streets all over the world in fashion capitals were full of style and music while people celebrate individuality. Might I add… I am not just talking about fashion week my friends. All the rage on September 8th was about Fashion’s Night Out! Yes people get with it. Are you confused yet? I thought so. Let me educate you about the importance of this awesome night. Fashion’s Night Out was created to show the season’s latest fashions at many participating stores in different cities. It was created in 2009 to help out with the recession and since then stores took advantage and held great sales on that specific day. Stores stay open late while the city swarms with fashion lovers…oh and did I mention they offer drinks and DJ’s while you shop! Seriously it’s like you’re in the club while you shop. Overall it is a crazy and fun experience.


Trying to steal the camera @ Lomography lol.


Please enjoy our creepified picture/mirror


                I wanted to see what all the rage was about with Manuel Zavaleta (look him up on the Style Engineers page on FB and make sure you hit “LIKE”!) and I have to say we both had a great time. Our first visit was Lomography. We had a great time looking at the unique cameras and the film that was posted as artwork on the walls. Honestly these people are good; they make me want to buy a camera just because it looked sooooo damn cutie. We also got a change to walk into a Sephora in Union Square where we got a silly picture taken(courtesy of GLO teeth whitener) and they made it into a funny mirror, which you’d best believe I’ll harass Manny to see if he’s carrying it around!   After that we roamed the streets with the rest of the people and just absorbed in all of the craziness that is Manhattan. I mean NYC is not a normal place by all means, but the streets were just so crowded and riots were formed all over the place (in the name of fashion of course). I was able to document the craziness. (Please enjoy the mini vid that will be added on by the end of the night...I promise!).We took plenty of pictures, enjoyed many laughs (at the walking fashion “DON’TS”) and definitely hope to attend next year.  Good job FNO organizers, the event was a total success.  
  
Please enjoy my badly edited and recorded clip of FNO :)



Enjoy The awesome/random assortments of pictures <3
@ Lomography

@ Sephora

The cutest Vespa ever! I wants it!

The crazy crowd @ Dash... Oh those Kardashian's
<3 Besos

No comments:

Post a Comment