Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Game+Sex and the City+Girlfriends= I will probably never date ever again


I just might never date again......and this is why.....

So..I am not a big fan of T.V. I don't even have one in my room. I try to keep it as far away as possible from me...until I started getting bored at my old job..WRONG. It all started one day when I was randomly watching B.E.T. I saw a marathon going on and I just thought.."Eh...why not. Seems like appropriate background noise while I work on stuff." I had also noticed the star of the show was Tia Mowry, which I love, and I thought it could probably be a good show. I started paying attention...and just like that! I got hooked! DAMN YOU KELSEY GRAMMER!!! (Oh yeah if you didn't know, that man is the producer of "The Game" and "Girlfriends". I saw that the other day and I was like.....WTF???REALLY?)
Stop it Frasier!

 

Anyways....well I love the show and it's awesomeness but then my morals and my better judgment kicked in. And then FAIL...the awesomeness was gone. Although I do love drama and all the bickering, the show    really is based on love. It's supposed to be a story of how the females who are involved in the professional football players "world" life is. Now...one character is the protective sassy ghetto momager..which is interesting and pretty clever. The other is a white woman who is married  with one of the football players. And the main character who is a med school student and also a girl friend of a new comer (Rookie) in the team. Everything seems awesome and the lifestyle is great, until I noticed one thing. THE MEN RULE...according to this show. The show is all about these women but it just seems that they all have to give up something to be with these men. The momager cant have a real life because of her son, the married one got divorced because her rich husband wouldn't give her a cent and just went insane after the break-up, and the med school student just got married, and never did her residency. Now... don't get me wrong, I know that we have to give up things in our life when we are in love, but god damn! These women just went crazy and gave in 100%. I don't want to enforce all of my feminist beliefs, but it just bothers me that in a show where we can show women that they can have it all...they take it all away and tie it with a little Louis Vuitton bag in exchange for giving your all to a man.
 EPIC FAIL.

Now on to Sex and the City....

I started watching this show ages ago, and I love it. It is perfect to put as background sounds when you go to sleep, lol. But for real, the show is about the bond between women and how to keep friendship alive. But just as I thought the show was 100% amazing, I noticed that women were taking this show as a "how to" guide. I started paying attention to the show and just thought...."Really? This is not what to do, this is what not to do." I do admire some of the relationships, but the situation the writers put Carey in...OMG....ridiculous! She is constantly saying that she wants real love but when she finds it, she goes crazy, leaving long voicemails with utterly no real words. I swear I lost maaaaaad respect for the show after so many years of watching it and seeing all of the dumb things just made me realize that all of these girls are submissive to anything that is "Real Love" or at least the idea of it. I will never view this show the same :(

Let's move on to my personal favorite...
 
"My girl friends...there through thick and thin..."
(Yeah ok, as every girl in this show hates on each other)

Okay now on this show, it is a little bit diverse because each girl is in a different financial state, they all come from different backgrounds but all of them come together with two topics...men and making your friends jealous. These ladies all work hard and yet when one of them has a boy friend, the other feels jealous and feels the need to be a bickering woman.  One of these women is a lawyer, the other a single mother trying to go back to school, one is a hippie still trying to "find" herself and writes documentaries, and the other in a real estate agent. All of these women have a purpose, but yet they will drop it all to have "the perfect man" and would do anything to make their friends jealous, or would leave their girls to be with their men. 

Honestly I watch these shows because they make me laugh, and they are super super scandalous, but it just hurts my feelings that they promote that women should change it all for a man, and that friends are there to be your counselors, but yet you can easily dip on them when your man needs you. These shows make women look extremely needy and make us look like we need 100% support from our men. It upsets me that this is how America seems to view our women. Whether being a med student, a writer, or a lawyer, we still need a man next to us to define us....Sounds ridiculous right???? Ughhhh fail.





No comments:

Post a Comment